About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: Are Licences Required for the Import of Salmon?

Photo: Salmon
Photo: Salmon

Q: Are licences required for the import of salmon?

A: According to the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine and its implementation rules and related regulations, imported farmed salmon is subject to quarantine. Entry and exit animal and plant quarantine licence must be obtained to import all types of farmed salmon (HS Codes: 0302121000, 0302122000, 0302190090, 0303110000, 0303190000, 0303221000, 0303290090, 0305411000, 0305412000). Those without a licence are not allowed to enter the country. For the import of wild salmon, a written certification issued by the official authority of the exporting country (region) stating the code of the fishing vessel and fishing area must be submitted, otherwise it would be deemed as farmed salmon.


(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)


Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research
Comments (0)
Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)

HKTDC welcomes your views. Please stay on topic and be respectful of other readers.
Review our Comment Policy

*Add a comment (up to 5,000 characters)