12 Oct 2017
Online CBA: Is It Possible to Incorporate a Mainland Foreign-invested Enterprise in Hong Kong?
Q: Is it possible to incorporate a mainland foreign-invested enterprise in Hong Kong?
A: Hong Kong individuals or corporate investors wishing to apply for the incorporation of a foreign-invested enterprise in Guangdong  may submit their application form and required documents to the Bank of China (HK) through a recently launched one-stop business registration and banking service.
The Guangdong-Hong Kong Business Registration and Banking Services Connect was launched by the Guangdong Province Administration for Industry and Commerce in conjunction with the BOC (HK) and the BOC Guangdong Branch on 28 July 2017.
Applicants may download the business registration and banking service application form from the Guangdong-Hong Kong Business Registration and Banking Services Connect of BOC (HK). The name pre-approval application form can be downloaded from the Guangdong Province Administration for Industry and Commerce.
Documents to be submitted at the time of application:
- BOC (HK) service application form signed by the company’s “designated representative or authorised agent”
- Company name pre-approval application form
- Application form for registration (record-filing) of foreign-invested enterprise
- Power of attorney of the designated representative or jointly authorised agent
- Articles of association of the company
- Qualification certificate or natural person identity proof of the investor
- Document of tenure of office of the company’s directors, supervisors and managers
- Document of tenure of office of the company’s legal representative
- Evidence showing the right to use the intended business premises
- The applicant must be an investor from Hong Kong, that is, at least one of the shareholders of the new company must be a Hong Kong resident/Hong Kong-incorporated company
- The applicant must be a client of BOC (HK), that is, any one of the legal representatives of the new company must be a BOC (HK) personal or corporate account holder
For further details, please refer to the following:
 Initially the service will be piloted in the six cities of Dongguan, Huizhou, Jiangmen, Zhongshan, Foshan (including Shunde) and Shantou in Guangdong.