About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: Is Record Filing Necessary for a Domestic Enterprise to Use Overseas Registered Commodity Bar Codes on Its Products?

Photo: Barcodes
Photo: Barcodes

Q: Is record filing necessary for a domestic enterprise to use overseas registered commodity bar codes on its products?

A: A domestic enterprise may use its overseas registered bar codes on its products, but it needs to complete the record filing formalities in accordance with regulations.

If a domestic enterprise produces goods for an overseas company under licence but does not sell these goods within China in its own name, record filing for use of overseas registered bar codes is not required.


(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)



Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research
Comments (0)
Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)

HKTDC welcomes your views. Please stay on topic and be respectful of other readers.
Review our Comment Policy

*Add a comment (up to 5,000 characters)