1 Sept 2016
Enquiry: How Do We Apply for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants?
One can apply for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants through the Quarantine Authorisation Management System for Entry Animals and Plants of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ). The procedures are as follows:
1. Record filing for application entities and application personnel
- Those applying for the quarantine examination and approval of entry animals and plants and their products (application entities) must complete their record filing as application entities or application personnel at the animal and plant quarantine office of their local entry-exit inspection and quarantine bureau.
- Only those application entities and application personnel that have completed their record filing at their local animal entry-exit inspection and quarantine office may apply for the examination and approval of quarantine for import animals and plants and their products at the local port administration.
- The application entities shall truthfully complete the Application Form for Record Filing of Enterprise Applying for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants and submit the following documents:
- Letter of introduction of the application entity;
- The new version of business licence of the application entity;
- Photocopy of the People's Republic of China Certificate of Import and Export Enterprise (with official seal);
- Photocopy of the identity card of the application personnel.
Original copies of the above must be presented for inspection, and photocopies for record filing.
- In case an application entity changes its name, domicile, legal representative or application personnel after record-filing, it shall go through the formalities for altering the record filed.
2. Application for digital certificate (electronic key) by enterprises or individuals
Application entities that have completed their record-filing must open a corporate account at Beijing company Xinchengtong (www.itownet.cn). They must also apply for a corporate digital certificate for identity verification in case they would process the application electronically in future.