About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Print this page

Enquiry: Our Company Plans to Open a Restaurant in China. Do We Have to Apply for the Hygiene Licence and Food Business Licence?

Photo: Food business licence
Photo: Food business licence

Pursuant to the Decision of the State Council on Integrating and Adjusting the Hygiene Licence and the Food Business Licence for Catering Service Establishments, China abolished the hygiene licence for catering service establishments with effect from 3 February 2016. Hygiene licences for restaurants, coffee shops, bars and teahouses issued by local health departments were abolished while the content of the food business licence is consolidated into the food business licence issued by the food and drug administration department.

Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research