18 Feb 2016
Enquiry: What Criteria Must Be Met by Hong Kong Architects Applying to Register and Practise in Guangdong Province?
According to provisions in the Administrative Measures for the Registration and Practice in Guangdong Province of Hong Kong Architects Who Have Obtained Mainland’s Class 1 Registered Architect Qualification by Mutual Recognition, Hong Kong architects applying to register and practise in the Guangdong administrative region must submit an application and meet the following criteria:
1. Hong Kong permanent resident;
2. Having obtained Mainland’s Class 1 registered architect qualification by mutual recognition;
3. Having obtained certification as a proof of passing the legislation examination held by the Guangdong Registered Architects Management Committee;
4. Employed by an enterprise with construction engineering design qualification in the Guangdong administrative region;
5. No quality or safety incidents caused by fault in their engineering design projects in Hong Kong in the past three years;
6. Not committed any acts listed in Article 21 of the Implementing Rules for the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Registered Architects;
7. Aged below 70;
8. Other criteria stipulated in laws and regulations.