2 May 2018
Enquiry: What are the Preferential Measures Available to Investors in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone?
Among the measures on offer are the following:
- Top-tier foreign talents with permanent residence in China are entitled to the same privileges as Chinese ID card holders when launching technology-focused businesses
- Inspection and testing institutions are exempt from on-site assessments by the China Metrology Accreditation (CMA) providing they have previously secured accreditation from the China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS)
- Businesses may apply for a liquor retail licence and a food operation licence through a single application, with the two licences then issued jointly
- Accountancy firms, auditing firms and other third-party professional institutions have been incentivised to provide enterprises with a one-stop service, including assistance with the opening of bank accounts, financial settlements and tax issues
- Industry and commerce administrative departments will co-operate with certain specified banks in the provision of a number of business services, including securing prior approval of company names, incorporation and any required alteration of registration details