23 March 2017
Enquiry: What are the Procedures of Importing Fruits to China from Foreign Countries?
Importers shall ascertain whether that type of fruit is allowed to be imported from the specific port, and then go through the formalities of quarantine to obtain the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants. Inspection and quarantine will be conducted in accordance with the Administrative Measures of Inspection and Quarantine Supervision on Entry Fruit. Here is the detailed workflow:
1. Check whether the fruit to be imported is on the approved list. Please see China’s approved list of imported fruit and exporting countries / territories (Chinese only) on the website of General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ).
2. If the type of fruit to be imported is on the approval list, check whether it is only allowed to enter the country at designated ports.
3. Go through quarantine formalities to obtain the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants.
Points to note before importing fruits to China:
1. Fruits should come from the designated place of origin, orchard and packaging plant.
2. Fruit packaging boxes should carry labels or be marked with fruit name, origin, packaging plant or code.
3. Fruits should be of the types that fall within the permission of the permit, at a quantity not exceeding the approved limit, and no trace of unapproved fruit type is permitted.
4. Fruits should be free of soil, branches, leaves and dangerous organism including disease, insects and weeds included in the watch list of China.
5. Toxic and harmful substances including pesticide residues and heavy metals found in fruits should fall within China's national standards.
6. Official phytosanitary certificate from the exporting country / territory should be obtained.