About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: Can a Foreign Company Establish a Ship Survey Company in China?

Photo: Ship survey company
Photo: Ship survey company
Q: Can a foreign company establish a ship survey company in China?

A: According to the Provisions on the Administration of Survey of Ships, foreign ship survey organisations may establish ship survey companies in China. The business of these companies in China covers the following areas:

1. Conducting statutory surveys and classification surveys of ships and offshore installations flying or intending to fly the national flag of the flag state with the authorisation of the government of this state;

2. Surveying the important equipment, parts and materials used on ships and offshore installations mentioned above;

3. Surveying the marine containers owned by foreign companies;

4. Conducting classification surveys of international voyage vessels of Chinese nationality registered in the free trade zones with the approval of the Marine Safety Administration of the Ministry of Transport within the scope of gradually expanding market access.

(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)


Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research