About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: Does a Newly-established Foreign-invested Enterprise Need to Complete Foreign Exchange Registration?

Photo: foreign exchange
Photo: foreign exchange

Q: Does a newly-established foreign-invested enterprise need to complete foreign exchange registration?

A: According to China's relevant regulations, a newly-established foreign-invested enterprise (FIE) must go through foreign exchange registration formalities by submitting the following documents:

1. The FIE Background Information Registration Form;
2. The Organisation Code Certificate and Business Licence (copies);
3. Documents issued by the competent departments approving the establishment of the enterprise. Enterprises that also hold the Certificate of Establishment of FIE should also submit this certificate;
4. Foreign investors who use their lawful income obtained in China to set up new FIEs within the country must also provide the original Tax Certificate issued by the tax authorities.

(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)

Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research