About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: How Can We Deregister Our China-registered Representative Office?

Q: How Can We Deregister Our China-registered Representative Office?

A: According to Article 32 of the Regulations on the Administration of Resident Representative Offices of Foreign Enterprises, a foreign enterprise should apply to the registration authority for deregistration within 60 days of the date of the occurrence of any of the following situations:

  1. The foreign enterprise revokes its representative office;
  2. Its representative office no longer conducts business activities upon the expiration of residency;
  3. Termination of the foreign enterprise; and
  4. The representative office is revoked or ordered to close down by law.

A foreign enterprise should submit the following documents to the registration authority when applying for deregistration of representative office:

  1. Application letter for deregistration of representative office;
  2. Certificate of cancellation of tax registration of the representative office;
  3. Certification issued by the customs and foreign exchange departments for the completion of the liquidation of related matters or formalities not yet completed by the representative office; and
  4. Other documents required by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce.

The business registration authority shall, within 10 days after receiving the application, make a decision on whether or not to approve the deregistration. If deregistration has been approved, the authority shall issue the deregistration approval notice and withdraw the registration certificate and representative certificate within five days after making the decision.

(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)

Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research