12 Jan 2017
Online CBA: How Do We Apply for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants Online?
Q: How do we apply for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants online?
A: In accordance with the Administrative Measures for Examination and Approval of the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants, the procedures for the examination and approval of quarantine cover application, examination and approval, and use of authorisation.
1. Approval conditions:
- The applicant must have import/export qualifications, the power to sign contracts with foreign parties and other qualifications.
- Exporting country or territory is free from serious animal or plant epidemics.
- Compliance with the relevant provisions of China’s animal and plant quarantine laws, regulations and rules.
- Compliance with the bilateral quarantine agreements signed between China and the exporting country or territory (including quarantine agreement, protocol and memorandum of understanding).
- Quarantine approval formalities must be completed before the signing of the trade contract or agreement.
2. The applicant (an entity or a person) must apply to the local entry-exit inspection and quarantine bureau for the quarantine examination and approval of entry animals and plants and products thereof.
3. After applying for corporate or personal digital certificate (electronic key), the applicant must open a corporate account at Beijing company Xinchengtong (www.itownet.cn) and apply for a corporate digital certificate (corporate key) for identity verification purpose before they can apply for quarantine examination and approval. They may ask their corporate legal person to decide whether or not to allow the applicant to apply for a personal digital certificate based on actual circumstances. The corporate or personal digital certificate is for identity verification purpose in case the company or the applicant needs to apply for the Permit for the Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants electronically in future.
4. Application procedures for electronic key:
- To register and apply for a corporate digital certificate, the applicant should click “free registration” on the website of Beijing company Xinchengtong (www.itownet.cn) and follow the steps to complete the procedures.
- To apply for a personal digital certificate, the applicant should be the same person who has completed record filing at the local entry-exit inspection and quarantine bureau. The applicant should complete the Personal Digital Certificate Application Form. Other procedures are the same as those of the corporate digital certificate.
- Detailed and truthful information must be given when completing the application form and the company name and company seal must be the same.
- Companies or individuals that have registered as itownet online users and have obtained their digital certificate may directly go to the animal quarantine office and plant quarantine office of the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to apply for registration of electronic key using their existing digital certificate without having to apply for it again.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)