2 Sept 2015
Online CBA: Is it Necessary to Obtain a Special Licence to Sell Red Wine in China?
Q: Is it Necessary to Obtain a Special Licence to Sell Red Wine in China?
A: Companies selling red wine in China must first apply to the local liquor franchise management bureau for a liquor retail licence.
A company should submit its written application to the local liquor franchise management bureau within 60 days after its business licence is granted. It must truthfully provide the following information:
1. Application Form (affixed with company seal);
2. Valid business licence and photocopy;
3. Food circulation permit and photocopy,
4. Certificate of identity of the legal representative (proprietor) and photocopy, and
5. A duly completed and verified notice / undertaking (affixed with company seal) to the local liquor franchise management bureau for the grant of liquor retailing franchise.
If proxy is needed, the original letter of attorney, certificate of identity of the proxy appointed and its photocopy must also be submitted.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)