About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: Our Company is a Member of the China Commodity Bar Code System. If the Company Name is Changed, How do We Update the Information?

Photo: Bar Code
Photo: Bar Code

Q: Our company is a member of the China Commodity Bar Code System. If the company name is changed, how do we update the information?

A: According to Article 29 of the Measures for the Administration of Commodity Bar Code, where the information of a member such as name, address and legal representative is changed, the registrant should, within 30 days from the date of approval by the competent authority, present relevant documents and the Member Certificate of the China Commodity Bar Code System to the local branch of the Article Numbering Center of China (ANCC) for information updating.

Members of the China Commodity Bar Code System should complete the change formality after the company name is changed. They should fill in the “Registration Form: Change of Member Information” which is available at local ANCC branches, and stamp it with the corporate chop displaying the new company name. In addition, they should present the new business licence, the certificate of change of company name issued by the relevant authority, as well as the Member Certificate of the China Commodity Bar Code System, whether the initial or extended one, which shows the original company name.


(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)

Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research
Comments (0)
Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)

HKTDC welcomes your views. Please stay on topic and be respectful of other readers.
Review our Comment Policy

*Add a comment (up to 5,000 characters)