25 Dec 2014
Online CBA: What Are Import Tariff Quotas of Rice?
Q: What Are Import Tariff Quotas of Rice?
According to the Interim Measures for the Administration of Import Tariff Quotas of Agricultural Products, China exercises quota management over rice imports. Mainland enterprises meeting the following requirements can apply for such quotas from organisations authorised by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), or download the Import Tariff Quotas of Agricultural Products Application Form from the NDRC website.
Unhusked rice and rice (separate applications for long-grain rice and medium to short-grain rice are required)
1. State-owned trading enterprises;
2. Central enterprises charged with the function of maintaining national reserves;
3. Enterprises with proven track record of imports in the preceding year;
4. Grain enterprises possessing qualifications of wholesaling and retailing grains and with annual sales exceeding Rmb100 million;
5. Trading enterprises with annual value of grain import and export exceeding US$25 million;
6. Enterprises which do not have any proven track record of imports in the preceding year but possess import-export trading rights and have obtained certification from the local foreign economic and trade administration department proving that they have the production capability of engaging in processing trade using unhusked rice and rice as raw materials.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)