26 Jan 2017
Online CBA: What Are the Record Filing Procedures for Domestic Consignees of Imported Cosmetics?
Q: What are the record filing procedures for domestic consignees of imported cosmetics?
A: The General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) has issued the Provisions for Administration of Record Filing of Domestic Consignees, Import Records and Sales Records of Imported Cosmetics, which will take effect on 1 March 2017, to further regulate the quality and safety management of imported cosmetics.
Domestic consignees of imported cosmetics must apply for record filing at the inspection and quarantine institution at their place of business registration and ensure that all information filed is true and correct. The following documents have to be submitted for record filing:
- Duly completed consignee record filing application form;
- Photocopies of business licence, unified social credit code registration certificate, certificate of identity of the legal representative and record filing and registration form for foreign trade business operator, with the originals ready for inspection;
- Information about their quality and safety management systems;
- Information about the setup, departmental functions and job duties of organisations relating to cosmetics safety;
- Details of the types of cosmetics to be handled and place of storage;
- Relevant details (types and quantities of cosmetics) if they have engaged in the import, processing and sale of cosmetics in the past two years; and
- Photocopy of the record filing and registration form for entities that handle applications for inspection themselves, with the original document ready for inspection.