20 Nov 2014
Online CBA: What Documents Are Needed to Set Up a Beauty Salon in China?
Q: What Documents Are Needed to Set Up a Beauty Salon in China?
A: To operate a beauty salon in China, it is necessary to apply for a public hygiene licence from the administrative approval department of the health bureau where the salon is located. The following materials must be submitted at the time of application:
- Application for public hygiene licence;
- Photocopy of Prior Approval Notice on Name of Company (business licence or other proof of name);
- Photocopy of the identity card of the legal representative or person in charge;
- Photocopy of the title deed of the property (and photocopy of the lease contract in the case of a tenant);
- Floor plan of the place of business;
- Health certificate and hygiene knowledge training certificates of the practitioners;
- Details about hygiene management system;
- Documents of on-site verification (showing that the relevant materials comply with authenticity requirements);
- Other relevant information required by the health administration.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)