1 Dec 2016
Online CBA: What Information Does a Company Need to Submit If It Wants to Set Up a Branch in China?
Q: What information does a company need to submit if it wants to set up a branch in China?
A: A company needs to submit the following if it wants to set up a branch in China:
- Application form for branch registration;
- Authorisation letter of designated representative or jointly appointed agent, and photocopy of the identity document of the designated representative or appointed agent;
- Photocopy of articles of association, stamped with company chop;
- Photocopy of business licence;
- Certificate of use of the business premise of the branch;
- Employment document of the person to be in charge of the branch and photocopy of his/her identity document;
- If the business scope applied for covers activities that require prior approval under the relevant laws, administrative regulations or state council decisions, the company should submit photocopies of the relevant approval documents or permits to complete the registration. The business scope of the branch must not exceed that of the company.
- If prior approval is required for the establishment of the proposed branch under the relevant laws, administrative regulations or state council decisions, the company should submit photocopies of the relevant approval documents or permits.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)