4 May 2017
Online CBA: What Should Consignees of Imported Cosmetic Products Provide for Record Filing?
Q: What should consignees of imported cosmetic products provide for record filing?
A: Consignees of cosmetics completing record filing should provide the following documents and information:
1. Imported cosmetics consignee record filing application form;
2. Business licence, certificate of organisation code, legal representative’s identity document;
3. Enterprise quality and safety management systems such as imported cosmetics acceptance inspection, defective cosmetics recall and goods tracking management systems;
4. The organisational structure, functions of department and duties of staff related to the quality and safety of cosmetic products;
5. The types of cosmetics to be handled and the place of storage (including floor plan and tenancy agreement of the warehouse);
6. For those who have been engaged in the import, processing and sale of cosmetics in the current year, the relevant descriptions (type and quantity of cosmetics) should be furnished;
7. For those who handle the inspection application themselves, the self-reporting unit record filing registration certificate should be furnished.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)