About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体
Save As PDF Email this page Print this page

Online CBA: What are the Record Filing Procedures for Liquor Circulation?

Photo: liquor
Photo: liquor

Q: What are the Record Filing Procedures for Liquor Circulation?

A: Currently, China implements the operator record filing and registration system and traceability system for liquor circulation within its territory. The Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) and commerce departments above county level are responsible for supervising the circulation of liquor on a national level and administrative region level respectively.

Under the record filing and registration system, entities or individuals engaging in the wholesale and retail of liquor (known as liquor operators) must, within 60 days after obtaining their business licence, go to the commerce department at the same level as the industry and commerce administration department in the location where they were registered for record filing.

Liquor operators have to complete the following procedures for the record filing and registration:

1. Download the “Liquor Circulation Record Filing and Registration Form” (registration form) from the Ministry of Commerce’s official website or get one from the local commerce department.

2. Fill out the registration form completely, accurately and truthfully; and carefully peruse the provisions contained in the registration form, which is to be signed and stamped by their legal representative or business owner.

3. Submit the following record filing documents to the commerce department:

a. A completed registration form in duplicate;
b. Photocopy of business licence and photocopy of food hygiene licence signed and stamped by the legal representative or business owner;
c. Other documents as specified in provincial-level commerce department announcements and duly approved by MOFCOM.

(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)

Content provided by Picture: HKTDC Research