27 April 2017
Online CBA: What are the Requirements for Enterprises Applying for Permission to Use the “Green Channel” for Their Imports and Exports?
Q: What are the requirements for enterprises applying for permission to use the “green channel” for their imports and exports?
A: Enterprises applying for permission to use the green channel should meet the following criteria:
1. Have a good reputation, high level of integrity and annual export value exceeding US$1 million;
2. Have in place ISO9000 Quality Management System standard and been awarded the production enterprise quality system accreditation certificate by the relevant organisation;
3. The quality of their export goods is stable on a long-term basis, and they have not been involved in any claims or disputes on quality with the importing country regarding quality within two years;
4. No acts of non-compliance in relation to inspection application within one year, and no administrative penalty imposed by the inspection and quarantine authorities within two years;
5. For production enterprises subject to management by category by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ), they should be in the ranks of Category 1 or Category 2 enterprises;
6. For enterprises required by laws, regulations and bilateral agreements to use country of origin marking, they must obtain permission for the use of country of origin marking;
7. Other criteria as stipulated by AQSIQ.
Enterprises applying for permission to use the green channel must pledge to:
1. Comply with entry-exit inspection and quarantine laws and regulations as well as the provisions on entry-exit inspection and quarantine application practices;
2. Submit the required information and documents by electronic means;
3. Ensure that the export goods and related documents tally, the batches of goods are clear, markings are complete, and seals (where applicable) are intact;
4. Ensure that export goods that have passed certification by the inspection and quarantine authorities at the place of production will not be replaced or changed illegally in the course of transportation to the port;
5. Voluntarily subject themselves to supervision and administration by the inspection and quarantine authorities.