23 Oct 2014
Online CBA: Who Can Apply for Compulsory Certification and What Materials Do They Have to Prepare?
Q: Who Can Apply for Compulsory Certification and What Materials Do They Have to Prepare?
A: Article 13 of the Provisions on the Administration of Compulsory Product Certification states that the producers, sellers and importers of products listed in the Compulsory Product Certification Catalogue may apply to designated certification agencies for CCC certification. The applicants may also appoint an agency registered with the Certification and Accreditation Administration of China to act on their behalf.
An applicant should present the following materials:
1. Application form for compulsory product certification;
2. A copy of the applicant's Enterprise Legal Person Business Licence or certificate of registration (for first time applications or change of registration); an applicant who applies for certification of products listed in the Catalogue through an agent must also sign a contract for certification, testing, inspection, follow-up inspection and other matters with the agent and the agent must submit to the certification authority copies of both the power of attorney and commission contract and copies of other relevant contracts;
3. Organisation structure chart of the production plant (for first time applications or change of registration);
4. Production flow chart (for first time applications or change of registration);
5. Product assembly chart, electrical diagram and circuit diagram;
6. User manual for the product in Chinese; and
7. Other relevant materials requested.
(The HKTDC provides one-on-one China Business Advisory Service free of charge to assist companies in resolving problems encountered when doing business in China. For enquiries and appointments, please call (852) 1830 668 or register online.)