11 Oct 2019
When carried by individuals entering / exiting the mainland, which animal / plant species are subject to a mandatory customs declaration?
- Any item designated as subject to mandatory quarantine
- Biological species / resources, endangered animals / plants and their associated products
- Wild animals, plants (and their associated products) under special state protection
- Microorganisms, human tissue samples, biological products, blood / blood products
- Human corpses / skeletal remains
- Luggage or any other article inbound from an area with a known epidemic, contaminated by a possibly infectious disease or thought likely to otherwise contribute to the spread of an infectious disease
- Any hand-carried item deemed subject to customs declaration / quarantine.
Any failure to duly complete a required customs declaration or any provision of false or misleading information may be subject to punitive action on the part of the Customs Service, including (but not restricted to) the imposition of a financial penalty.
For further details, please access the following link: