4 July 2017
China-Russia Joint Statement on Further Deepening the China-Russia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
Following a state visit to Russia (3-4 July 2017) by Xi Jinping, the Chinese President, the two sides issued a joint statement summarising the issues addressed during the visit. This included details of the commitments made by both parties to further develop and consolidate the China-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership, while deepening practical co-operation in a number of other areas, including more closely aligning the Belt and Road Initiative and the Eurasian Economic Union, promoting the signing of the Economic and Trade Co-operation Agreement between China and the Eurasian Economic Union and continuing to develop appropriate measures with regard to nurturing the Eurasian Economic Partnership. In addition, the two sides spoke of their high regard for the Belt and Road Forum for International Co-operation, a multi-nation summit held in Beijing in May 2017.
Overall, the two parties formally committed to a number of measures, including:
- Sustaining the momentum of bilateral trade, while promoting its sustainable development;
- Strengthening the protection of intellectual property rights;
- Expanding bilateral investment;
- Developing energy co-operation and actively building a energy-related strategic partnership;
- Promoting the implementation of strategic co-operation projects in the nuclear sector;
- Promoting the implementation of transportation and infrastructure construction projects, including the construction of the Moscow-Kazan high-speed railway, the Tongjiang-Nizhneleninskoye railway bridge, the Heihe-Blagoveshchensk bridge and the China-Mongolia-Russian economic corridor.
Please click here for the full text of the document.