About HKTDC | Media Room | Contact HKTDC | Wish List Wish List () | My HKTDC |
繁體 简体


Is Prior Approval Necessary When Establishing Elderly-Care Facilities in China?

27 March 2019

Under the terms of the recently-amended Law on the Protection of the Rights and Interests of the Elderly, interested parties no longer need to apply for a permit when looking to establish elderly-care...Read More


How can trademarks be registered and any related problems resolved?

1 Nov 2018

China’s Trademark Law operates on a “first-to-file” principle, with any trademarks not specifically registered on the mainland generally not protected....Read More


What kind of licence is required for operating a restaurant in China?

19 Sept 2018

Under the Food Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China, all enterprises engaged in the provision of catering services are required to meet the pertaining regulations and obtain the relevant licen...Read More


Can books, newspapers and magazines published in Hong Kong be promoted/sold on the mainland?

5 Sept 2018

Under the terms of the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA), properly-accredited Hong Kong suppliers can sell such publications on the mainland on both a retail and wh...Read More


Enquiry: Can Hong Kong Companies Provide Medical Services on the Mainland?

1 Aug 2018

Under the terms of the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA), Hong Kong service suppliers meeting the stipulated requirements may establish medical institutions on the ...Read More


Enquiry: Can Hong Kong Investors Set Up Elderly Care Facilities in Guangdong?

4 July 2018

In a move intended to reform the local elderly care services sector, Guangdong’s Provincial Government recently set about making it easier for external investors to enter the market....Read More


Enquiry: Can Those Who Learned Traditional Chinese Medicine Through an Apprenticeship Scheme Register to Practise on the Mainland?

24 Jan 2018

In line with the interim measures issued by the National Health and Family Planning Commission, any individual who has either studied Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as part of a master/apprentice ...Read More


Enquiry: Which products are obliged to obtain China Compulsory Certification (CCC) prior to being sold or distributed in China?

29 Nov 2017

At present, more than 150 products, including certain electrical equipment, automotive products and several toy categories must be CCC-verified before they can be sold in China....Read More


Enquiry: What are the special requirements that apply when manufacturing, importing or operating outsized recreational equipment in China?

15 Nov 2017

In China, in accordance with the Special Equipment Safety Law, the Regulations on Safety Supervision of Special Equipment, and the Regulations on the Safety Supervision of Large Amusement Facilities, ...Read More


Enquiry: How Should a Foreigner Apply for a China Work Permit?

14 Sept 2017

As of 1 April 2017, China standardised the application procedure for work permits for foreigners. In line with this, any foreigner wishing to come to China to work must first obtain the Notification L...Read More


Enquiry: When Promoting Goods or Services in China, What Rules Should Foreign Enterprises Abide by?

7 Sept 2017

When advertising as a means of promoting the sales of goods or services on the mainland, every individual, legal entity or other organisation responsible for the design, production or distribution of ...Read More


Enquiry: Is Registration Required for the Selling of Drones? What are the Points to Note?

20 July 2017

Starting from 1 June 2017, manufacturers and owners of civil unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs or drones) with a maximum takeoff weight of 250g or above are required to apply for real-name registration v...Read More


Enquiry: How Does a Doctor Register in China?

8 June 2017

In line with China’s Administrative Measures for the Registration of Medical Practitioners, doctors...Read More


Enquiry: What Should Consignees of Imported Cosmetic Products Provide for Record Filing?

4 May 2017

Consignees of imported cosmetics products should provide the following information for record filing: record filing application form, business licence, certificate of organisation code, legal represen...Read More

Page Of 1